CAPA is now accepting abstracts for CAPA 2019. The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2019.
Abstracts will be accepted for presentation in the following formats (CAPA will provide an LCD projector, screen, podium, microphone, and laptop for the use of all speakers):
Pre-Conference Clinical Skills Workshop
Pre-conference workshops, to be held on Thursday, October 24, 2019, are interactive sessions that will help participants enhance specific clinical skills. Workshops will be three hours in length. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and preference will be given to the following topics:
- emergent procedures
- electrocardiogram interpretation
- would care and advanced dressing techniques
- dermatologic procedures
- intubation of advanced airways
Oral and Panel Presentation
Oral and panel presentations are 50-minutes-long, which includes 10 minutes for questions and answers. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and preference will be given to the following topics:
– Emergency Medicine – Psychiatry
– Family Practice – Pain Management
– Internal Medicine – Dermatology
– Obstetrics and Gynecology – Orthopaedics
– Pediatrics – Ophthalmology
– General Surgery – Ear, Nose and Throat
– Geriatrics – Indigenous Health
For panel presentations, the goal is to provide different perspectives on a topic relevant to CAPA 2019 delegates. Panels can include a maximum three experts plus a moderator. Abstracts must indicate if identified panellists are proposed or confirmed, and preference will be given to panel abstracts with confirmed panellists.
Have you conducted a research project? Do you have valuable data to share? Submitting a poster abstract is an important way to showcase your knowledge and expertise amongst your peers. Please consult the selection criteria prior to making your submission. Poster abstracts will be accepted in the following categories:
- original research
- case report
- educational resources and interventions.
All poster abstracts are automatically entered into the competition for Poster Awards, which are presented at the annual Awards Gala and President’s Dinner on Saturday, October 26, 2019. All posters will be displayed electronically for the duration of the conference.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT?
Presentations from interested parties are welcome. These include:
- Canadian and international physician assistants
- Clinicians including physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Health care administrators from health authorities, hospitals, long-term care centres, family health teams, and primary care centres
- Health care associations and patient groups
- Students studying in undergraduate or graduate physician assistant programs.
CAPA 2019 OBJECTIVES
The objectives of CAPA 2019 are to:
- provide a forum for effective continuing professional development, education, and training that will improve the skills and expertise of practicing physician assistants
- facilitate networking and enhance the leadership skills of physician assistants
- foster a better understanding of the current challenges within Canadian health systems and opportunities for physician assistants to contribute solutions.
Preferences will be given to abstracts that:
- are relevant to the practice of Canadian physician assistants
- are innovative and add to an existing body of knowledge
- are of high quality and easy to understand — where appropriate, include details about methodology, results, health outcomes, efficiency gains, cost savings etc.
Participants may submit more than one abstract. Some invited sessions and presentations may also be incorporated into the program. Please note that speakers are responsible for all conference-related expenses (registration, accommodation, travel etc.).
HOW TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS
All submissions should be addressed to Kristy Corrente, Member Services and Conference Planner, and sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts must be received by Monday, April 1, 2019.