Your supervising physicians and employers are the best sources of evidence and information related to COVID-19; however, we have compiled links to relevant resources that may be of interest. In many cases, these links have been shared by PAs from across Canada.
AGENCE DE LA SANTE PUBLIC DU CANADA
- Guidance on reporting, treatment, infection prevention, and more.
- Critical care – protected resuscitation / intubation
- Critical care – other
- Homeless and at-risk patient care and disposition information
- Patient screening, testing, and clearance
- PPE guidance
- General patient care information
- Information for patients
- Other information for staff
- Science/ epidemiology
- PPE Innovations
- Curated by Dr. Justin Morgenstern on his First10EM.com blog, a FOAMed project dedicated to emergency medicine, critical care, and evidence-based medicine. Dr. Morgenstern is the Director of Emergency Medicine Simulation Education at the Markham Stouffville Hospital.
- Recent papers and an executive summary from a UK-based paediatric emergency medicine group.
- Webinar recording for clinicians from March 30, 2020 (Geriatric Emergency Department Collaborative, U.S.).
- Curated resources from the Canadian Critical Care Society.
- “Medical Management of Patients Under Investigation for COVID-19 or Confirmed COVID-19” (endorsed by the Medical Advisory Committee at William Osler Health System).
- This University of Toronto course is offered April 14-17 at 6:00 p.m. ET and provides two lectures per day with questions and answers. RSVP is required – sign up here.
- Curated resources including Surviving Sepsis COVID-19 Guidelines and Critical Care for the Non-ICU Clinician.
- Independent medical bloggers and podcasters dedicated to FOAMed, with real-time posts related to COVID-19 (U.S.)
- Practical FOAMed resources for clinicians on the front lines (to listen, read, or watch). (U.S.)
LONG-TERM CARE / END-OF-LIFE CARE
- A primer on goals of care conversations in LTC, prepared by Dr. Sandy Shamon for the Ontario Long-Term Care Clinicians Association.
- Adapted from BC Centre for Palliative Care Guidelines with input from palliative care MDs and pharmacists.
- A website created by clinicians and researchers at the University of Toronto and the Toronto Academic Health Science Network to support health professionals outside of critical care who may be called up to practice in this environment. It offers learning resources and reference materials to support your preparation.
- Best-estimated safe practices that consider balancing patient needs with risks of exposure (Ontario College of Family Physicians).
- Recorded webinar on office-based management when caring for patients face-to-face during the pandemic. Topics include aspects of viral transmission in the office, personal protective equipment recommendations (with consideration of limited resources), practice modifications, and cleaning guidance.
- Led by Dr. Allison McGeer (microbiologist and infectious disease consultant in Ontario) and Dr. Jennifer Young (Ontario family physician and president of the Ontario College of Family Physicians), along with host Dr. Allan Grill of the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
WELLNESS / RESILIENCY
- A 7-minute chalkboard talk created by SARS veterans and Mount Sinai psychiatrists Drs Bob Maunder and Jon Hunter.
- Facilitating pro bono mental health services for healthcare workers who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- From the EM Ottawa Blog, which is a resource for EM practitioners and an archive of articles reviewed by the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Ottawa.