1130 – 1220
Josef Burwell, MS, PA-C and Colten Smith, MS, PA-C, Peacework Medical
Healthy transgender adults can seek relief for gender dysphoria through gender transition in primary care. With careful attention to existing protocols for diagnosis, informed consent, treatment plans, and labs for ongoing evaluation, safety and best practices are emphasized. Preventative measures for transgender adults will also be addressed. Quality measures for how to make a clinic more welcoming to gender and sexuality minorities will be included. The two presenters co-direct a clinic for transgender adults in the U.S.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
1. Diagnose gender dysphoria.
2. Understand the informed consent process for hormone therapy vs. the behavioral therapy model.
3. Treat gender dysphoria with hormone therapy.
4. Provide sound preventative care for transgender individuals.
5. Make any clinic more welcoming to gender and sexuality minorities through language, action and awareness.
Posted in: Saturday, October 20, 2018