Are Physician Assistants regulated through a college?

It is CAPA’s vision to eventually have all PAs regulated within Canada and registered with the Provincial College of Physicians and Surgeons.  Regulation is handled differently in each province/territory.  In the provinces of Manitoba and New Brunswick, PAs are regulated through the Provincial College of Physicians and Surgeons. In Alberta, PAs are registered through the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. However, they are not regulated. In the province of Ontario, PAs work under Delegated Medical Acts and directions of their Physician.

Posted in: PA FAQs