CAPA 2023 CALL FOR SPEAKERS
October 19 – 21, Fredericton, NB
Submission Deadline: Monday April 24, 2023
The CAPA Annual Conference is the only national conference designed for Canadian Physician Assistants by Physician Assistants. The conference attracts Canadian and international Physician Assistants who are looking for high caliber continuing professional development opportunities, the chance to learn from national and international experts, and opportunities to network and share expertise.
Obtain CPD credit for preparing and delivering a presentation at CAPA 2023!
CAPA 2023 THEME AND OBJECTIVES
Theme: The program this year will focus on Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Surgery.
- provide a forum for effective continuing professional development, education, and training that will improve the skills and expertise of practicing Physician Assistants.
- facilitate networking and enhance the leadership skills of Physician Assistants.
- foster a better understanding of the current challenges within Canadian health systems and opportunities for Physician Assistants to contribute solutions.
Abstracts will be accepted for presentation in the following formats (CAPA will provide an LCD projector, screen, podium, microphone, and laptop for the use of all speakers):
To be held throughout the conference, clinical workshops are interactive sessions that will help participants enhance specific clinical skills. The workshops will be two to three hours in length. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and preference will be given to the following topics:
- Casting and Splinting
- Basic Life Support
- CPR Recert
Keynote and Plenaries
This year, CAPA will be addressing Climate Change and Global Health, along with Environmental stewardship.
Oral and Panel Presentation
Oral and panel presentations are 50-minutes-long, which includes 10 minutes for questions and answers. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and preference will be given to the following topics that tie into the theme of Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Surgery:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- Pain Management
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Indigenous Health
- Provider Wellness
For panel presentations, the goal is to provide different perspectives on a topic relevant to CAPA 2023 delegates. Panels can include a maximum of three experts plus a moderator. Abstracts must indicate if identified panelists are proposed or confirmed, and preference will be given to panel abstracts with confirmed panelists.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT?
Presentations from interested parties are welcome. These include:
- Canadian and international Physician Assistants.
- Clinicians including physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care professionals.
- Health care administrators from health authorities, hospitals, long-term care centres, family health teams, and primary care centres.
- Health care associations and patient groups.
- Students studying in undergraduate or graduate Physician Assistant programs.
Preferences will be given to abstracts that:
- are relevant to the practice of Canadian Physician Assistants.
- are innovative and add to an existing body of knowledge.
- are of high quality and easy to understand — where appropriate, include details about methodology, results, health outcomes, efficiency gains, cost savings etc.
All submitters must prepare their abstract using the template provided and include a completed disclosure form when they submit their abstract(s). The maximum length of an abstract is 250 words.
Participants may submit more than one abstract. Some invited sessions and presentations may also be incorporated into the program. Please note that speakers are responsible for all conference-related expenses (registration, accommodation, travel etc.).
HOW TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS
All submissions should be sent via email: email@example.com.
Abstracts must be received by Monday April 24, 2023.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
877 744 2272 │firstname.lastname@example.org │capa-acam.ca