Don’t miss out on CAPA’s annual conference happening November 4-7, 2021.
The CAPA Annual Conference is the only national conference designed for Canadian physician assistants by physician assistants. The conference provides Canadian and international physician assistants with opportunities to improve their practice through networking and professional development.
Call for Speakers
Event date: November 4-7, 2021
Accepting applications: through June 30, 2021
Speaker selection: July 2021
Due to the international outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are looking forward to hearing from experts in medicine, education, and research as they share new and innovative strategies for recovery.
Given the virtual format of the conference, applicants must be comfortable using technology to engage audiences in an online setting.
We are seeking presenters who can bring unique perspective to CAPA 2021 participants. Speakers should present a well-prepared talk that focuses on a specific and relevant topic.
Panels can include a maximum three speakers plus a moderator to keep the conversation moving and ensure that everyone gets a chance to speak. Abstracts must indicate if identified panellists are proposed or confirmed, and preference will be given to panel abstracts with confirmed panellists.
Clinical skills workshops are interactive sessions that focus on specific skills which can be developed by observation and discussion.
Workshops will be offered in full-day and half-day format. Full day workshops are five hours in length, with a one-hour break for lunch. Half day workshops are two hours in length.
The poster session is an opportunity for PAs to share the results of their research or the details of interesting clinical cases and to stimulate discussion with their colleagues. In addition to presenting the posters electronically, authors are given time during the conference to present their findings.
Our Virtual Networking Reception needs a host for each room!
We’re going all out to make this event a success. We need fabulous party hosts who can bring their own style and personality to the table. To be considered, let us know what topic you would like to focus on in your party room, how you will keep attendees engaged, and what past experiences you have with hosting networking events.
We are seeking member stories to feature. If you are dedicated to caring for others and interested in being recognized, we encourage you to submit your story!
Presentations from interested parties are welcome. These include:
- Canadian and international physician assistants
- Clinicians including physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Health care administrators from health authorities, hospitals, long-term care centres, family health teams, and primary care centres
- Health care associations and patient groups
- Students studying in undergraduate or graduate physician assistant programs.
Preferences will be given to abstracts that:
- are relevant to the practice of Canadian physician assistants.
- are innovative and add to an existing body of knowledge
- are of high quality and easy to understand — where appropriate, include details about methodology, results, health outcomes, efficiency gains, cost savings etc
HOW TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS
All submissions should must be submitted using this form.