CAPA 2022 CALL FOR SPEAKERS
Coming to you, November 10 – 13, 2022
Held at Hilton Quebec (1100 Bd René-Lévesque E, Québec, QC G1R 4P3)
The CAPA Annual Conference is the only national conference designed for Canadian physician assistants by physician assistants. The conference attracts Canadian and international physician assistants who are looking for high caliber continuing professional development opportunities, the chance to learn from national and international experts, and opportunities to network and share expertise.
CAPA is now accepting abstracts for CAPA 2022.
Abstracts will be accepted for presentation in the following formats (CAPA will provide an LCD projector, screen, podium, microphone, and laptop for the use of all speakers):
Pre-conference clinical workshop
Pre-conference workshops, to be held on Thursday November 10, 2022, are interactive sessions that will help participants enhance specific clinical skills. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and preference will be given to the following topics:
- Dermatologic Procedures (Biopsies, Resections, Other Minor Procedures, etc.)
- Performing MSK ultrasounds
Oral and Panel Presentation
Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and preference will be given to the following topics:
- Mental health
- Concussion/sports-related medicine
- Cardiology (Myocarditis/Pericarditis, etc.)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- Pain Management
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Indigenous Health
For panel presentations, the goal is to provide different perspectives on a topic relevant to CAPA 2022 delegates. Panels can include a maximum three experts plus a moderator. Abstracts must indicate if identified panellists are proposed or confirmed, and preference will be given to panel abstracts with confirmed panellists.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT?
Presentations from interested parties are welcome. These include:
- Canadian and international physician assistants
- Clinicians including physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Health care administrators from health authorities, hospitals, long-term care centres, family health teams, and primary care centres
- Health care associations and patient groups
- Students studying in undergraduate or graduate physician assistant programs
CAPA 2022 OBJECTIVES
The objectives of CAPA 2022 are to:
- provide a forum for effective continuing professional development, education, and training that will improve the skills and expertise of practicing physician assistants
- facilitate networking and enhance the leadership skills of physician assistants
- foster a better understanding of the current challenges within Canadian health systems and opportunities for physician assistants to contribute solutions
Preferences will be given to abstracts that:
- are relevant to the practice of Canadian physician assistants
- are innovative and add to an existing body of knowledge
- are of high quality and easy to understand — where appropriate, include details about methodology, results, health outcomes, efficiency gains, cost savings etc.
Participants may submit more than one abstract. Some invited sessions and presentations may also be incorporated into the program. Please note that speakers are responsible for all conference-related expenses (registration, accommodation, travel etc.).
HOW TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS
All submissions should be sent via email: email@example.com